851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-621-4049
Camp J’s Yeladim
Yeladim is for campers entering grades 2-3 and means "children" in Hebrew.
The Camp Day
- Each day starts with singing camp songs around the American and Israeli flags.
- Includes activities like arts & crafts, athletics, drama, music, nature (teva), playground time, science discovery, video production, gaga (Israeli dodgeball), Israeli culture, and of course—swimming.
- Pizza lunch is provided on Mondays & Fridays.
- We close each day with our Song Session—an interactive concert led by our expert song leaders.
- Song Session ends every day with Camper Awards and on Fridays with a special Shabbat (Sabbath) program.
Led by the Best
- Our counselor and specialist positions are highly selective.
- Our team is comprised of an incredible group of elementary education majors, Jewish campus leaders, school teachers, and Camp J alumni.
- They annually complete 40 hours of specialized training, including First Aid & CPR, to ensure your camper has the most rewarding and safe experience possible.
- Campers get to know our “shliach,” a young emissary from Israel, who teaches about Israel using a wide variety of activities which celebrate Jewish heritage.
Making a Splash
- Structured swim three times per week with American Red Cross-trained Water Safety Instructors.
- Free swim once per week.
Field Trips Every Week
- Session I: FunSpot (June 13) and Kennedy Space Center & JCC Overnight (June 20)
- Session II: Chocolate Kingdom (June 27) and and Astro Skate (July 1)
- Session III: Putting Edge Mini Golf (July 11) and Coco Key Water Park (July 18)
- Session IV: Legoland & JCC Overnight (July 25) and AMF Altamonte Lanes (August 1)
All camp groups in the Yeladim unit travel together, so trips are always well-supervised and age appropriate.
Our campers entering grades 2-3 get to experience 3 coveted overnights (2 field trips and color war), where campers eat dinner, swim, sing camp songs at bedtime, and then eat breakfast, creating a memorable, bonding experience.
Specialty Track Option (Offered Sessions I-IV)
Choose a specialty track, like Yeladim Sports (Sessions I-IV) or Yeladim Musical Theater (Sessions I-IV.) Sports & theater campers still attend overnights, field trips, special events, swim and specialists.
Pricing for Yeladim and Yeladim Sports
2-Week Session: $585 ($530 for JCC members)
1 Week: $330 ($290 for JCC members)
Yeladim Musical Theater is a track for young campers who have an interest in the performing arts. Their mornings will be spent developing their theater skills and learning music and choreography, and their afternoons will feature the best that Camp J has to offer, including swim, gaga, song session and field trips. They will perform their own show-stopping number and appear in the finales of This is The Greatest Show Camp and Disney’s Aladdin, The Musical.
4-Week Session: $1,150 ($1,040 for JCC members)