851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-621-4049
Camp J’s Tayarim
Tayarim (entering grades 6-9, Hebrew for "travelers")
During days spent at the J, our 6th-7th graders, and our 8th-9th graders will be their own camp groups, allowing them to fully participate in all of Camp J’s activities and have their own counselors. Tayarim campers choose from awesome electives each week, while also enjoying camp favorites like swim and video production. In addition, Tayarim campers will go on trips twice per week during in-town weeks, and during out-of-town weeks, they will travel on 5-day trips. In addition to the trips, Tayarim campers will complete community service projects each week, which are usually held on-site or at a local non-profit. Teens must have attended an in-town week or have been Tayarim campers in 2018 before going on the 5-day trips with us.
2-Week Session: $695 ($640 for JCC members)
1 Week: $410 ($370 for JCC members)
$ Additional $175 fee for the 5-day trip in week 3 and again in week 7
- Every week, our Tayarim campers perform community service, as a part of Camp J's commitment to tikkun olam, or "repair of the world."
The Local Camp Day
- Each day spent at the JCC starts with singing camp songs around the American and Israeli flags.
- Tayarim campers choose from awesome electives, and also enjoy camp favorites like swim and video production.
- Pizza lunch is provided on Mondays & Fridays.
- We close each day with our Song Session—an interactive concert led by our expert song leaders.
- Song Session ends every day with Camper Awards and on Fridays with a special Shabbat (Sabbath) program.
Led by the Best
- Our counselor and specialist positions are highly selective.
- Our team is comprised of an incredible group of elementary education majors, Jewish campus leaders, school teachers, and Camp J alumni.
- They annually complete 40 hours of specialized training, including First Aid & CPR, to ensure your camper has the most rewarding and safe experience possible.
- For the first time, Tayarim campers will have their own dedicated “shliach,” a young emissary from Israel, who will travel with them and give them a first-hand experience with Israeli culture.
Making a Splash
- Free swim four times per week.
Field Trips Every Week
- Session I: Orlando Tree Trek Adventure Park (June 11), Busch Gardens & Tampa JCC Overnight (June 13), Andretti Go-Kart Racing (June 18), and Blizzard Beach with Late Arrival (June 20)
- Session II: North Carolina Overnight (June 24-28) and Astro Skate (July 1)
- Session III: SkyZone Trampoline Park (July 9), Paddleboard Orlando (July 11), Daytona Beach and Boardwalk (July 16), and Universal Studios & JCC Overnight (July 18)
- Session IV: Tennessee Overnight (July 22-26), DeLeon Springs (July 30), and AMF Altamonte Lanes (August 1)
All camp groups in the Tayarim unit travel together, so trips are always well-supervised and age appropriate.