851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-621-4049
Camp J’s Sameach
Sameach is for campers entering Kindergarten and means "happy" in Hebrew.
Session I: June 10-21
Session II: June 24-July 5
Session III: July 8-19
Session IV: July 22-August 2
The Camp Day
- Campers meet in their classrooms in our preschool, and then begin the day together with the older groups of Camp J by singing camp songs around the American and Israeli flags.
- Includes activities like arts & crafts, athletics, drama, music, nature, playground time, science discovery, Israeli culture and of course—swimming.
- Pizza lunch is available for purchase on Mondays & Fridays.
- We close each day with our Song Session—an interactive concert led by our expert song leaders.
- Song Session ends every day with Camper Awards and on Fridays with a special Shabbat (Sabbath) program.
Led by the Best
- The Sameach unit is staffed by teachers from our Richard S. Adler Early Childhood Learning Center and is based in its classrooms, making this the perfect bridge year into Camp J from Camp J Junior.
- Campers get to know our “shliach,” a young emissary from Israel, who teaches about Israel using a wide variety of activities which celebrate Jewish heritage.
Making a Splash
- Structured swim three times per week with American Red Cross-trained Water Safety Instructors.
- Free swim once per week.
- Optional private swim lessons.
Field Trips Every Week
- Session I: Orlando Shakespeare Theater (June 13) and Farris & Foster's Chocolate Factory (June 20)
- Session II: Fire House Tour (June 27)
- Session III: SeaLife Aquarium (July 11) and Big Idea Balloons (July 18)
- Session IV: J Cinema (July 25) and AMF Altamonte Lanes (August 1)
2 Week Session: $580 ($500 for JCC members)
1 Week: $290 ($250 for JCC members)