851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-621-4049
Camp J’s Rishonim
Rishonim is for campers entering first grade and means "first ones" in Hebrew.
The Camp Day
- Each day starts with singing camp songs around the American and Israeli flags.
- Includes activities like arts & crafts, athletics, drama, music, nature (teva), playground time, science discovery, video production, Israeli culture, and of course—swimming.
- Pizza lunch is provided on Mondays & Fridays.
- We close each day with our Song Session—an interactive concert led by our expert song leaders.
- Song Session ends every day with Camper Awards and on Fridays with a special Shabbat (Sabbath) program.
Led by the Best
- Our counselor and specialist positions are highly selective.
- Our team is comprised of an incredible group of elementary education majors, Jewish campus leaders, school teachers, and Camp J alumni.
- They annually complete 40 hours of specialized training, including First Aid & CPR, to ensure your camper has the most rewarding and safe experience possible.
- Campers get to know our “shliach,” a young emissary from Israel, who teaches about Israel using a wide variety of activities which celebrate Jewish heritage.
Making a Splash
- Structured swim three times per week with American Red Cross-trained Water Safety Instructors.
- Free swim once per week.
Field Trips Every Week
- Session I: Orlando Shakespeare Theater (June 13) and WonderWorks (June 20)
- Session II: Orlando Science Center & Late Night (June 27) and Astro Skate (July 1)
- Session III: SeaLife Aquarium (July 11) and Full STEAM Ahead (July 18)
- Session IV: Crayola Experience & Late Night (July 25) and AMF Altamonte Lanes (August 1)
All Rishonim (Grade 1) units travel together, so trips are always well-supervised and age-appropriate. Twice each summer, Rishonim campers are introduced to “late nights,” where campers return from their field trip and eat dinner together at Camp J until 7:00pm.
2-Week Session: $555 ($500 for JCC members)
1 Week: $300 ($260 for JCC members)