851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-621-4049
Camp J’s Chaverim
Chaverim is for campers entering grades 4-5 and means "friends" in Hebrew.
The Camp Day
- Each day starts with singing camp songs around the American and Israeli flags.
- Includes activities like arts & crafts, athletics, drama, music, nature (teva), playground time, science discovery, video production, gaga (Israeli dodgeball), Israeli culture, and of course—swimming.
- Pizza lunch is provided on Mondays & Fridays.
- As your campers enter their final years of elementary school, we like to provide them with more independence over their days. That’s why two times each week, Chaverim campers get to select from an array of awesome electives.
- We close each day with our Song Session—an interactive concert led by our expert song leaders.
- Song Session ends every day with Camper Awards and on Fridays with a special Shabbat (Sabbath) program.
Led by the Best
- Our counselor and specialist positions are highly selective.
- Our team is comprised of an incredible group of elementary education majors, Jewish campus leaders, school teachers, and Camp J alumni.
- They annually complete 40 hours of specialized training, including First Aid & CPR, to ensure your camper has the most rewarding and safe experience possible.
- Campers get to know our “shliach,” a young emissary from Israel, who teaches about Israel using a wide variety of activities which celebrate Jewish heritage.
Making a Splash
- Free swim four times per week.
Field Trips Every Week
- Session I: St. Augustine & JCC Overnight (June 13) and Aquatica & Late Arrival (June 20)
- Session II: Planet Obstacle (June 27) and Astro Skate (July 1)
- Session III: Wekiwa Springs (July 11) and Ripley's Believe it or Not! (July 18)
- Session IV: Busch Gardens & Tampa Overnight (July 25) and AMF Altamonte Lanes (August 1)
All camp groups in the Chaverim unit travel together, so trips are always well-supervised and age appropriate.
Our Chaverim campers get to experience 3 coveted overnights each summer, where campers eat dinner, sing camp songs at bedtime, and then eat breakfast, creating a memorable, bonding experience. The first is in Session I on June 13-14 at the JCC, after spending the day in St. Augustine. The second is our coveted camp tradition of having an overnight during Color War in Session II on July 2-3. The 3rd is in Session IV on July 25-26 at the Tampa JCC, after spending the day at Busch Gardens.
Specialized Track Option (Offered Sessions I-IV)
You can choose a specialized track, like Chaverim Sports (Sessions I-IV) or Musical Theater (see below). Sports campers still attend all overnights, field trips, special events, swim time & specialists. Musical Theater campers attend limited field trips and overnights.
Pricing for Chaverim & Chaverim Sports
2-Week Session: $615 ($560 for JCC members)
1 Week: $360 ($320 for JCC members)
Our theater camp, produced in partnership with Theatre South Playhouse, encourages campers to explore their imaginations and work within an ensemble to create vivid characters and be part of an exciting musical theater production.
4-Week Session: $1,210 ($1,100 for JCC members)