851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-621-4049
Chaverim is for campers entering grades 4-5 and means "friends" in Hebrew.
Session I: June 8-19
Session II: June 22-July 2
Session III: July 6-17
Session IV: July 20-31
The Camp Day
- Each day starts with singing camp songs around the American and Israeli flags.
- Includes activities like arts & crafts, athletics, drama, music, nature (teva), playground time, science discovery, video production, Gaga (Israeli dodgeball), Israeli culture, and, of course, swimming.
- Pizza lunch is provided on Mondays & Fridays.
- As your campers enter their final years of elementary school, we like to provide them with more independence. That’s why two times each week, Chaverim campers get to select from an array of awesome electives.
- We close each day with our Song Session — an interactive concert led by our expert song leaders.
- Song Session ends every day with Camper Awards and on Fridays with a special Shabbat program.
Led by the Best
- Our counselor and specialist positions are highly selective.
- Our team is comprised of an incredible group of elementary and early childhood education majors, Jewish campus leaders, school teachers, and Camp J alumni.
- They annually complete 40 hours of specialized training, including First Aid & CPR, to ensure your camper has the most rewarding and safe experience possible.
Making a Splash
- Free swim five times per week.
Our Chaverim campers get to experience overnights each summer, where campers eat dinner, sing camp songs at bedtime, and then eat breakfast, creating a memorable, bonding experience. Dates for overnights are TBD.
Specialized Track Option (Offered Sessions I-IV)
You can choose a specialized track, Chaverim Sports (Sessions I-IV). Sports campers still attend all overnights, special events, swim time & specialists.
Pricing for Chaverim & Chaverim Sports
2-Week Session: $635 ($580 for JCC members)
1 Week: $370 ($330 for JCC members)