851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-645-5933
Fitness, Sports, Aquatics Reopening | FAQ
These policies are now in effect unless otherwise noted:
What are the Fitness Center hours?
- MONDAY-THURSDAY: 6:00 am - 7:00 am, 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- FRIDAY: 6:00 am - 7:00 am, 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- SATURDAY-SUNDAY: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
What are the Gym hours?
- MONDAY-THURSDAY: 6:00 am - 7:00 am, 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- FRIDAY: 6:00 am - 7:00 am
- SATURDAY-SUNDAY: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
What are the Pool hours?
Effective December 1st, 2020
MONDAY-FRIDAY: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
SATURDAY-SUNDAY: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
POOL CLOSURE: Saturday, Dec. 19, 2020 - Monday, January 4th, 2021
What do I need to know before coming to work out at the J?
- In compliance with an Orange County ordinance now in effect, you must wear a face mask from the moment you exit your vehicle.
- You must wear your mask while working out in the Fitness Center or using the gymnasium
- FITNESS CENTER: Members must register in advance at orlandojcc.org/workout. Only 10 people at a time can be in the Fitness Center. This includes one staff member who will oversee the facility's cleanliness and answer any questions that you might have. Members will sign up for 60-minute sessions (effective August 1). The facility will close for 30 minutes after each session for cleaning, and then another 60-minute session for 10 people will begin.
- GYM: Members must register in advance at orlandojcc.org/workout. Only 8 members at a time can be in the gym. Members will sign up for 1-hour sessions.
- Your temperature will be taken when you enter the JCC with an instant-read touchless thermometer. Entrance will be refused to anyone with a fever of 100 F or higher. You must be fever-free for 72 hours before you can return. See our main FAQ page for more JCC-wide policies.
- Towels are required for admission to the Fitness Center, and you must bring your own. We will not furnish workout towels at this time.
- If you use a mat for your workout, you must bring your own.
- Gym users must bring their own basketball.
- Locker rooms will not be open at this time.
What else has changed inside the Fitness Center?
- We've upgraded our cardio equipment with new state-of-the-art Precor treadmills, bikes, and ellipticals (all feature built-in TV screens and Bluetooth). New Biodex and Matrix star machines are on the way as well. You will be able to create your own account to track your workouts, stream Netflix or watch virtual on-demand workouts, and more!
- All equipment is set up for social distancing.
- Kettlebells, dumbbells, and free weights have been moved to the Group Exercise Studio.
Are group exercise classes and personal training available?
- Group exercise and Pilates will not take place at the JCC during this phase, but we plan to offer some group fitness classes free via YouTube Live and Facebook Live.
- Personal training sessions are available. Sessions can be during the day only, and only when the Fitness Center has not already reached its capacity of 10. Your trainer will work with you to confirm your time and secure your spot in the Fitness Center. Your trainer will meet you at the front door, take your temperature, and escort you to and from the Fitness Center.
What about sports leagues?
We hope to begin league sports in the fall, pending the release of updated CDC guidelines.
What are the rules for using the pool?
- You must wear your face mask at all time unless you are in the pool.
- The pool deck is set up for social distancing, and lifeguards will monitor and enforce social distancing as appropriate.
- Advance registration is not required, but there is a maximum of 1 swimmer per lane and no more than 35 people in the pool at any time.
Can I enroll my child in swim lessons?
- Swim lessons are available and will be conducted as follows:
- Individual lessons: Parent/guardian must accompany child in the pool. The swim instructor will be on the pool deck.
- Group lessons: Group lesson are not being offered at this time.
- Scheduling: Swim lessons can be scheduled 7 days a week. Schedule online.
|Early Childhood Learning Center||Camp J||Fitness Center, Sports & Aquatics||Seniors||Cultural Arts|