851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-645-5933
Fitness, Sports, Aquatics Reopening | FAQ
These policies will be in effect starting June 1, 2020:
When will the Fitness Center open?
The Fitness Center will reopen on SATURDAY, JUNE 6, at 8:00 am and will operate on the following schedule:
- MONDAY-FRIDAY: 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- SATURDAY-SUNDAY: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
What do I need to know before coming to work out at the J?
- Members must register in advance at orlandojcc.org/workout to use the Fitness Center. During this first phase of reopening, only 10 people at a time can be in the Fitness Center. This includes one staff member who will oversee the facility's cleanliness and answer any questions that you might have. Members will sign up for 90-minute sessions. The facility will close for 30 minutes after each session for cleaning, and then another 90-minute session for 10 people will begin. So a typical weeknight schedule will look like this during our first phase of reopening:
- 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm: Nine members work out, with one staff member in the Fitness Center.
- 7:30 pm - 8:00 pm: Fitness Center closed for cleaning.
- 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm: Nine more members work out, with one staff member in the Fitness Center.
- Your temperature will be taken when you enter the JCC with an instant-read touchless thermometer. Entrance will be refused to anyone with a fever of 100 F or higher. You must be fever-free for 72 hours before you can return. See our main FAQ page for more JCC-wide policies.
- Towels are required for admission to the Fitness Center, and you must bring your own. We will not furnish workout towels at this time.
- If you use a mat for your workout, you must bring your own.
- Locker rooms will not be open at this time.
What else has changed inside the Fitness Center?
- We've upgraded our cardio equipment with new state-of-the-art Precor treadmills, bikes, and ellipticals (all feature built-in TV screens and Bluetooth). New Biodex and Matrix star machines are on the way as well. You will be able to create your own account to track your workouts, stream Netflix or watch virtual on-demand workouts, and more!
- All equipment is set up for social distancing.
- Kettlebells, dumbbells, and free weights have been moved to the Group Exercise Studio.
Are group exercise classes and personal training available?
- Group exercise and Pilates will not take place at the JCC during this phase, but we plan to offer some group fitness classes free via YouTube Live and Facebook Live.
- Personal training sessions will resume June 8. Sessions can be during the day only, and only when the Fitness Center has not already reached its capacity of 10. Your trainer will work with you to confirm your time and secure your spot in the Fitness Center. Your trainer will meet you at the front door, take your temperature, and escort you to and from the Fitness Center.
When will the gymnasium open?
- Starting June 1, the gym will be open only for Pickleball on Sundays from 1:00 to 3:00 pm.
- Open gym will begin Saturday, June 20. There is no pre-registration, but members must abide by the JCC policies detailed on our main FAQ page.
- Open Gym Hours (effective June 20):
- MONDAY-FRIDAY: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- SATURDAY-SUNDAY: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
What about sports leagues?
We hope to begin league sports in July, pending the release of CDC guidelines.
When is the pool open?
- The pool will be open weekdays from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm and weekends from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- There is a maximum of 1 swimmer per lane and no more than 35 people in the pool at any time.
- The pool deck will be set up for social distancing, and lifeguards will monitor and enforce social distancing.
Can I enroll my child in swim lessons?
- Swim lessons will be offered again starting June 1 and will be conducted as follows:
- Individual lessons: Parent/guardian must accompany child in the pool. The swim instructor will be on the pool deck.
- Group lessons: Maximum 4 children per group. Children must be able to swim the shallow end of the pool unassisted. The swim instructor will be on the pool deck.
- Scheduling: Swim lessons can be scheduled weekdays between 6:00 am and 8:45 am, and 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm; and weekends from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Schedule online.
|Early Childhood Learning Center||Camp J||Fitness Center, Sports & Aquatics||Seniors||Cultural Arts|