851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-645-5933
ECLC Reopening | FAQ
These policies will be in effect starting June 1, 2020. For the new school year beginning August 10, we hope that it will be deemed safe to resume our normal ECLC schedule and activities:
Hours of Operation
- The ECLC will be open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Hours may be expanded in mid-June and again July 1, pending safety reviews and any new government-issued guidelines.
Is my child's enrollment still active?
- Starting June 1, a full-time enrollment option is the only offering available. Part-time families will be eligible to upgrade to full-time enrollment until a part-time option is reinstated. If capacity allows, we may add a part-time option in July.
- Camp J Junior will not be offered this year. If you already registered for Camp J Junior, we will contact you regarding an account credit.
- If you want your child to attend the ECLC beginning June 1, 2020, you will need to visit this link on our website starting Monday, May 18, at 8:00 am, to indicate your desire to return on June 1 and reactivate your tuition payments. (Details will be emailed separately to currently registered ECLC families). Space is very limited, so please do this as soon as possible. If space is not available in your child’s classroom, we will do everything possible to ensure they have a space and can return to their original classroom as soon as possible. Choosing to not return on June 1 will not affect your child’s enrollment status for the 2020-21 school year. You must sign the Parent Health Agreement and turn it in on your child's first day back.
What is your sick policy?
Children or staff will not be allowed to enter the ECLC while any of these symptoms are present. They must be symptom-free for 72 hours before returning:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Vomit (1 incident)
- Diarrhea (1 incident)
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Runny nose of any color
What's changing In the classroom?
- All classrooms will open June 1 at a significantly reduced capacity. If we are able to do so safely, we will increase capacity on June 15, and again on July 1.
- Each classroom will have 2 teachers.
- Specialists will not go classroom to classroom. They will use technology to broadcast into each room to provide content.
- To the extent we are able, children will return to the classrooms they were in prior to the shutdown in March.
- Parents must supply a pair of shoes (they need not be new) that will be worn only in the classroom. Children will leave the shoes they arrived wearing at the entrance of the classroom and put on the "classroom shoes" upon entering the classroom.
- The ECLC will only use space inside the ECLC ‘U’ and not the rest of the JCC. Only the playgrounds inside the ECLC will be used on a strict, rotating schedule to allow for frequent cleanings and disinfecting. This may change if deemed safe to do so.
- Social distancing will occur by classroom, not by individual (e.g., students will be together in small groups).
- The ECLC will not serve pizza or challah.
- The ECLC will not provide snacks. Please send snacks in sealed containers for your child.
How is drop-off handled?
- Drop-off will be from 8:00 to 9:30 am.
- Drop-off will take place in the JCC parking lot. Please follow directional signage once you enter the lot.
- Vehicles will park in designated spaces (follow signage and staff directions), and everyone should remain inside the vehicle. Staff will come to your car and take the temperatures of everyone in the car, using an instant digital thermometer. The child will be taken out of the car by ECLC staff, who will sanitize the child's hands. The child's hands will also be washed immediately upon entering the classroom.
- If anyone in the car has a fever of 100 F or higher, the student will be denied entry.
- All staff conducting car pool will wear face masks.
How is pick-up handled?
- Pick-up will be 3:30 to 5:00 pm, also in the JCC parking lot.
- For pick-up, parents must park and we will bring their children to them; we will not put children in car seats.
What if my child gets sick at the ECLC?
- An isolation room has been set up to allow children who are sick to wait for their parents. All sick children in that room will wear a face mask, as will the counselor/staff with them.
- If a child has a temperature of 100 F, either at home or in our facility, they must be fever-free for 72 hours before returning to the ECLC. Their siblings may not return until everyone in the family is fever-free for 72 hours.
What if someone we know is ill or has COVID-19?
If you become aware that any person with whom you or your camper has contact with exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, is advised to self-isolate, quarantine, or has tested positive or is presumed positive for COVID-19, you must contact ECLC Director Melissa Youngblood.
Is air travel an issue?
If any family member or other person living with an ECLC child travels by airplane, the child may not return to the JCC facility for 14 days after the traveler(s) returns to Orlando. All families will be required to sign a statement that they will abide by this policy.
Which programs are suspended?
- Enrichment classes and Shayna's Village classes will not be offered during the month of June. If deemed safe, a modified offering may begin in July.
- Kids Day Out will not be open in June. We will re-evaluate and, when deemed safe, we will re-open Kids Day Out.
- ECLC class swimming will not take place this summer. Private individual lessons are available (see the Aquatics FAQ for details).
|Early Childhood Learning Center||Camp J||Fitness Center, Sports & Aquatics||Seniors||Cultural Arts|