851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-645-5933
When you work at The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando, you're a part of a professional family and a community. It is the policy of the JCC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard for gender, race, age, marital or parental status, sexual preference, disability, religious belief, or any other legally protected category.
- Water Aerobics Instructor
- Camp Counselors
- Kid Zone Staff
- Early Childhood Teachers
- Les Mills Instructors
We are currently seeking to hire lifeguards, with preference given to those able to work Part-time. This is a seasonal position and starts the first week of June and will end mid-august. You’re joining a family. We offer benefits like free gym membership, free fitness classes, complimentary swimming pool access, discounted sports leagues and more.
Qualifications or required:
- Must have current Red Cross Lifeguard certification
- Must be able to swim 300 yards without stopping
- Must be able to work 15-40 hours/week
- Must be able to work 2 weekends a month
- Must be able to work 6-8 hour shifts in the sun
The pay rate is $11-$15 per hour.
Updated: April 16, 2019
Provides water aerobics instruction, monitors, educates patrons on fitness and safety, and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
Posted: January 3, 2019
The Roth Family JCC is hiring staff for the Andrew Hansen Mandell JCC Summer Camps, which begin in June 2019, and include available positions in Camp J, Camp J Junior, and Camp J Sports. The hiring process for summer camp employment is competitive due to the large number of applicants and high percentage of returning staff each year. The majority of the hiring decisions take place in the first quarter of 2019. Positions available:
- Assistant Counselors
- Inclusion Counselors
Posted: December 15, 2018
Kid Zone staff are responsible for the direct supervision of children ages six months to twelve years old.
Kid Zone operates:
Monday-Friday, 9:00AM – 12:00PM
Monday-Thursday, 6:00PM – 7:30PM
Saturday-Sunday, 8:00AM – 12:00PM
Kid Zone staff, in the supervision of children, are responsible for:
- The safety, happiness, and well-being of children.
- Regularly counting all children throughout each shift.
- Classroom maintenance including care of equipment.
- Being prompt, professional and prepared.
- Maintaining a positive and flexible attitude.
- Keeping an open line of communication with coworkers and supervisor.
- Implementing positive discipline approach as provided by ECLC and Camp guidelines.
- Being sure that all belongings go home with children.
- Turning cell phone off upon arrival to work.
- Constantly interacting with children.
- Promoting a feeling of self-esteem in each child.
- Accepting direction from supervisor
- Changing diapers and bathroom cleanliness.
- Cleaning up after activities and at the close of each shift.
- Helping prepare room for next day: Replenishing supplies as needed, sanitizing toys/fixtures/furniture as needed each day, stacking chairs at the end of the day, assisting with patio/playground clean up.
- Consistently providing excellent customer service.
- Being knowledgeable about universal safety precautions.
- Following sign-out procedures to ensure the safety of our children. Requiring ID to identify person picking up, even if they say that they are on list.
Looking for a job that gives you more fulfillment and fun? When you join the team of our award-winning, nationally accredited Richard S. Adler Early Childhood Learning Center, you’re not just a number—you’re joining a family. We offer benefits like free gym membership, free fitness classes, complimentary swimming pool access, discounted sports leagues and more. In addition, our teachers receive up to 15 paid holidays, plus 2 weeks of personal time the first year, 3 weeks the second year, and 4 weeks after five years. JCC teachers with children or grandchildren also receive discounts on our nationally accredited early childhood center, comprehensive after school program, and award-winning summer camp, with offerings from preschool-aged to the middle schoolers’ travel camp. Our entire teaching staff also benefits from employer-sponsored professional development opportunities throughout the year. Positions work on a rotating schedule of 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Our classrooms range in age from 8-week-old infants through Pre-K.
- Lead Classroom Teacher
- Assistant Classroom Teacher
- Full-Time Substitute/Floating Teacher
- College degree preferred (Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's); however, without a college degree, a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential plus high school diploma is required.
- Minimum of 45 hours of training preferred as required by the Florida Department of Children & Families; but can be completed within 6 months of hire in most cases
- Minimum of 2-3 years classroom experience for lead teachers; minimum of 1 year preferred for assistants and substitutes
Posted: September 26, 2017
The JCC seeks Les MIlls certified instructors to instruct group fitness classes that exceed member expectations, promote services to attain and retain members, and provide a positive group fitness experience for all members.
Must be Les Mills Certified.