851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-645-5933
When you work at The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando, you're a part of a professional family and a community. It is the policy of the JCC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard for gender, race, age, marital or parental status, sexual preference, disability, religious belief, or any other legally protected category.
- Development/Executive Assistant
- Cheer Hip Hop Instructor
- Marketing Manager
- Summer Camp Counselors and Specialists
- Lead and Assistant Infant Teachers
- Basketball League Referee
- Early Childhood Support Staff
- KidZone Staff
- Early Childhood Teachers
Reporting to the CEO, the Development/Executive Assistant supports the Executive Staff with administrative and development activities including database management.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings including invitations, registrations, agenda preparation, meeting materials, and food requirements.
- Prepare written correspondence, including letters, memos, reports, invitations, forms, lists, and agendas.
- Utilize the database to maintain donor profiles, conduct donor research, enter contact reports, run lists and maintain development related tasks and follow up and update constituent records as necessary.
- Manage all direct mail appeals and online solicitations.
- Enter pledges into the system and process thank you notes.
- Track the status of the annual campaign.
- Produce monthly development reports and specific financial reports as needed.
- Ensure major donors have a staff and volunteer assigned for stewardship.
- Maintain Development Calendar including major events, project milestones, and deliverables.
- Manage the CEO and agency’s calendar
- Manage ‘Dick & Dottie’s Place’, the JCC Café’
- Provide support to other JCC Directors as required
- Some weekend and evening work related to events
- 1-3 years’ professional experience
- Development experience
- Strong attention to detail, editing, proofreading, etc.
- Superior organization, task management, ability to plan and prioritize
- Proactive, helpful attitude to anticipate needs and initiate solutions to challenges.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with an internal team, a cross-functional team, and external parties in a rapidly growing environment
REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success managing those relationships
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to think independently
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (safety/weight belt provided, if requested). Specific vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate-controlled office and the noise is usually moderate.
May be required.
$27,000 - $32,000
Added: May 12, 2020
We are currently seeking to hire seasonal lifeguards who are available to work May through August. You are joining a family! We offer benefits like free gym membership, free fitness classes, complimentary swimming pool access, discounted sports leagues and more.
Qualifications or required:
- Must have current Red Cross Lifeguard certification
- Must be able to swim 300 yards without stopping
- Must be able to work 15-40 hours/week
- Must be able to work 2 weekends a month
- Must be able to work 6-8 hour shifts in the sun
The pay rate is $11-$15 per hour.
The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando in Maitland is seeking a Cheer and Hip Hop Dance Coach/Instructor in the Maitland & Winter Park area. The JCC Cheer & Hip Hop Dance Coach/Instructor will teach weekly classes to both preschool aged children and elementary school age children. Content typically includes cheers, chants, jumps, and pom routines. Hip Hop and Cheer are two separate classes.
The JCC Cheer & Hip Hop Dance Coach/Instructor must have some experience participating in cheer and Hip Hop. Coach/Instructor level experience preferred. The Coach/Instructor must work well with kids of all ages and be available (day of the week) 12:45PM-5:00PM. Job expected to start in August.
Pay rate: $20/hour
The JFed Alliance (Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando and The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando), Maitland, FL
The JFed Alliance is seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to serve The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando and the Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando.
The successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of marketing communications (Marcom), social media, creative and project management. Assigned tasks will cover a wide array of marketing tactics and audiences, so diversity of experience and an ability to adapt to and learn new processes and skills is essential. This is a highly collaborative work environment that welcomes fresh ideas that will enhance our existing Marcom strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations or related field, or appropriate combination of education and significant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing, external communication or a related field.
- Exceptional social media engagement skills
- Experience developing marketing content in support of a brand.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish customs, traditions, the Jewish community and the JCC and Federation’s missions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under direction of the Director of Marketing, serve as the social media manager for The Roth Family JCC and Jewish Federation, creating consistent, meaningful content for Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms
- Work directly with department directors to promote programs and events for a variety of audiences via email, social media and/or printed collateral and media.
- Assist with writing and/or designing printed marketing collateral
- Provide copywriting, editing, and proofreading services as needed
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must adhere to JCC and Federation brand standards
- Ability to manage a high volume of assigned tasks and respond to urgent assignments
- Ability to perform design tasks and/or edit existing design work in the Adobe Creative Cloud environment
- Working knowledge of social media management tools such as Hootsuite, TweetDeck, and SpredFast
- Ability to think strategically and meet deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Availability to work evenings and Sundays as needed
- Writing for print media
- Salesforce CRM
$35,000 - $45,000
Central Florida has a vibrant Jewish community of 30,000+ people and is known for its great climate and quality lifestyle. The JFed Alliance comprises The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando (established in 1973) and the Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando (established in 1947), two separate 501(c)(3) organizations located on the Jewish Community Campus in Maitland, FL. Under the JFed Alliance agreement, the organizations share designated functional departments, including Marketing, Executive Leadership, and Security.
Updated: May 5, 2020
The Roth Family JCC is hiring staff for the Andrew Hansen Mandell JCC Summer Camps, which begin in June 2020, and include available positions in Camp J, Camp J Junior, and Camp J Sports. The hiring process for summer camp employment is competitive due to the large number of applicants and high percentage of returning staff each year. The majority of the hiring decisions take place in the first quarter of 2020. Positions available:
- Assistant Counselors
- Inclusion Counselors
Looking for a job that gives you more fulfillment and fun? When you join the team of our award-winning, nationally accredited Richard S. Adler Early Childhood Learning Center, you’re not just a number—you’re joining a family. We offer benefits like free gym membership, free fitness classes, complimentary swimming pool access, discounted sports leagues and more. In addition, our teachers receive up to 15 paid holidays, plus 2 weeks of personal time the first year, 3 weeks the second year, and 4 weeks after five years. JCC teachers with children or grandchildren also receive discounts on our nationally accredited early childhood center, comprehensive after school program, and award-winning summer camp, with offerings from preschool-aged to the middle schoolers’ travel camp. Our entire teaching staff also benefits from employer-sponsored professional development opportunities throughout the year. Positions work on a rotating schedule of 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Candidates must have current experience in infant care, 45 hours of training, and a minimum of a CDA with an advanced degree preferred and with several years of experience in an Early Childhood Center.
Updated: May 5, 2020
- Represents the JCC and maintains appropriate relationships with members.
- Maintains professionalism while working.
- Defuses conflict situations involving players, spectators, or captains.
- Communicates any inappropriate behavior to Sports Director.
- Enforces Basketball rules provided by the JCC.
- Serves as a positive role model.
- Has knowledge of emergency and safety procedures.
- Arrives to work in a timely manner.
- Represents the JCC and maintains appropriate dress code.
- Help sports staff set up prior to the start of the games and clean up after games conclude.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Knowledge of rules and 2+ years of experience officiating Basketball.
- Must present a professional and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess conflict resolution skills and good judgment in identifying potentially risky situations involving participants.
- Completion of JCC program-specific certifications.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions.
The primary responsibility of the basketball referee is to enforce the rules of the game. Referees are responsible for calling violations maintaining order in play, and can assess technical fouls or eject players for rules infractions. Part time, evening position one or two nights a week. Experience preferred, must be certified.
Pay rate: $20/hour
Updated: May 5, 2020
Join the amazing staff at the Richard S. Adler Early Childhood Center and help support our students by engaging in child-led activities, indoor and outdoor gross motor play, sensory play, reading and other fun activities the classroom teachers have created. We are looking for people who are enthusiastic, have a love for early childhood, and believe in the power of play!
This part-time support position will help with morning care, lunch breaks and after school care. Varying shifts are available: 7am - 1pm; 1pm - 6pm; 7am - 9am; 3pm - 6pm or 4pm - 6pm.
Updated: May 5, 2020
KidZone staff are responsible for the direct supervision of children ages 6 months to 12 years old.
Monday-Friday, 9:00AM – 12:00PM
Monday-Thursday, 6:00PM – 7:30PM
Saturday-Sunday, 8:00AM – 12:00PM
KidZone staff, in the supervision of children, are responsible for:
- The safety, happiness, and well-being of children.
- Regularly counting all children throughout each shift.
- Classroom maintenance including care of equipment.
- Being prompt, professional and prepared.
- Maintaining a positive and flexible attitude.
- Keeping an open line of communication with coworkers and supervisor.
- Implementing positive discipline approach as provided by ECLC and Camp guidelines.
- Being sure that all belongings go home with children.
- Turning cell phone off upon arrival to work.
- Constantly interacting with children.
- Promoting a feeling of self-esteem in each child.
- Accepting direction from supervisor
- Changing diapers and bathroom cleanliness.
- Cleaning up after activities and at the close of each shift.
- Helping prepare room for next day: Replenishing supplies as needed, sanitizing toys/fixtures/furniture as needed each day, stacking chairs at the end of the day, assisting with patio/playground clean up.
- Consistently providing excellent customer service.
- Being knowledgeable about universal safety precautions.
- Following sign-out procedures to ensure the safety of our children. Requiring ID to identify person picking up, even if they say that they are on list.
Looking for a job that gives you more fulfillment and fun? When you join the team of our award-winning, nationally accredited Richard S. Adler Early Childhood Learning Center, you’re not just a number—you’re joining a family. We offer benefits like free gym membership, free fitness classes, complimentary swimming pool access, discounted sports leagues and more. In addition, our teachers receive up to 15 paid holidays, plus 2 weeks of personal time the first year, 3 weeks the second year, and 4 weeks after five years. JCC teachers with children or grandchildren also receive discounts on our nationally accredited early childhood center, comprehensive after school program, and award-winning summer camp, with offerings from preschool-aged to the middle schoolers’ travel camp. Our entire teaching staff also benefits from employer-sponsored professional development opportunities throughout the year. Positions work on a rotating schedule of 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Our classrooms range in age from 8-week-old infants through Pre-K.
- Lead Classroom Teacher
- Assistant Classroom Teacher
- Full-Time Substitute/Floating Teacher
- College degree preferred (Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's); however, without a college degree, a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential plus high school diploma is required.
- Minimum of 45 hours of training preferred as required by the Florida Department of Children & Families; but can be completed within 6 months of hire in most cases
- Minimum of 2-3 years classroom experience for lead teachers; minimum of 1 year preferred for assistants and substitutes
Updated: May 5, 2020