851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-645-5933
When you work at The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando, you're a part of a professional family and a community. It is the policy of the JCC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard for gender, race, age, marital or parental status, sexual preference, disability, religious belief, or any other legally protected category.
- Early Childhood Director
- Finance Director
- Summer Camp Counselors & Specialists
- After School Counselor
- Water Safety Instructor
- Group Exercise Instructors
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Early Childhood Director is primarily responsible for all aspects of the JCC’s Richard S. Adler Early Childhood Learning Center which has served families with children from infants to pre-K since 1973. In addition, this position is responsible for community-building programs and events that help strengthen the school, the JCC, and the broader Jewish community.
The Early Childhood Director must be a proven and skilled leader, possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, strong administrative experience, and love working with young children.
- Oversee the hiring and training of all full and part-time staff related to all preschool programs, and oversee their supervision and evaluation.
- Directly supervise the preschool’s administrative team, including the assistant director, team supervisors, director of Shayna’s Village (parenting center), and office staff; indirectly supervise teaching staff.
- Ensure compliance with the Department of Children and Families licensing guidelines to ensure standards are met or exceeded, including emergency plans and trainings.
- Ensure minimum standards are met and exceeded for NAC (National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs) including preparation for site visits, renewals, and annual reports.
- Maintain all related health department standards
- Maintain “Advanced” Director-level credentials including education requirements, continuing education, attending conferences, etc.
- Oversee curriculum, both secular and Jewish.
- Oversee parent education, parent manuals and communication, and parent conferences.
- Manage inquiries, tours, and enrollment through the JCC’s childcare customer relationship management software.
- Work with the Early Intervention Specialist to coordinate resources and referrals.
- Work with JCC marketing director to develop and implement a year-round marketing strategy to promote the school, programs and services, and to ensure successful recruitment and retention of students.
- Actively work with JCC Board of Directors Vice President of Children and Family Programming, preschool Parent Advisory Committee, and other key volunteers to develop, evaluate, and strengthen preschool programs and services.
- Prepare and monitor budgets and all related finance responsibilities related to the preschool department; including tracking statistics, trends in enrollment, and financial variances.
- Work collaboratively with Development Director and other key staff on preschool and greater JCC fundraising efforts.
- Oversee all preschool programming including: Shayna’s Village, J University Jr., ‘School’s Out’ programs, Camp J Jr., and family & Jewish holiday programs and celebrations.
- Work closely with youth and camp departments regarding transition of preschoolers to elementary-aged programs to create and implement strategies towards 100% engagement and retention.
- Work collaboratively with Jewish Academy of Orlando to build a connection between the ECLC and JAO.
- Keep up with trends in the field to ensure excellent and relevant programming.
- Develop and execute a staff retention plan, including employee appreciation events and recognition programs, as well as a professional development plan.
- Ensure positive staff morale
- Support the overall mission of the JCC.
- Assist with agency-wide JCC special events.
- Attend and participate in JCC staff meetings.
- Maintain departmental facilities.
- Maintain and enforce agency policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
- Meet or exceed Florida Department of Children and Families “Advanced” Director of Child Care level credentials
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience in addition to experience in a leadership/supervisory role (i.e. assistant director) in an early childhood program or related field
- Experience in a Jewish early childhood leadership position strongly preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness in program administration, planning, and coordination of large programs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with parents, young children, and staff
- Strong managerial skills including the ability to inspire and foster camaraderie, cooperation, and teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and ability to master new software systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge and use of social media
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a degree in early childhood education preferred. A Master’s degree in early childhood education or related field is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions and practice
- First Aid/CPR certified
Posted: March 16, 2017
This position, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer is accountable for leading the JCC’s accounting department in managing its financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, regulatory requirements, payroll systems and processes, JCC controls, ongoing financial modeling and annual business plan. The Finance Director will also provide leadership and supervision to the accounting department staff and work with the board of directors and finance committee.
Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems and Financial Controls:
- Responsible for the delivery of cost-effective and efficient accounting and financial systems, policies and processes that meet the current and future business requirements of the JCC.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Clearly communicate and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, monitor progress and changes and keep Chief Executive Officer abreast of center’s financial status.
- Oversee the external audit, review and analyze results, and recommend the audited financial statements for approval.
- Ensure the JCC is in compliance with all internal policies and relevant local, state, and federal regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage the payroll function ensuring efficient systems, process and controls.
- Lead in the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
Cash and Risk Management
- Oversee the cash management function, including banking relationships.
- Responsible for the management of the JCC’s insurance and risk management program.
- Oversee the annual insurance renewal process and ensure appropriate coverage is maintained at all times.
- Ensure appropriate legal review of contracts and solicit external legal advice as required
- Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain long-term cash forecast.
Budgeting and Management Reporting
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Present monthly and year-to-date financials and key metric reports with accompanying analysis of results.
- Lead the financial modeling and analysis to support the development of long term strategic initiatives and business plans.
- Supervise the accounting department staff to ensure they deliver the highest standard of departmental, cross departmental, and cross JCC teamwork and customer service.
- Further develop JCC human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Support the Volunteer Committees: Finance Committee and Audit Committee
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA licenses preferred.
- 10 years working knowledge in accounting and finance.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development, and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
- Technology-savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem solving skills, which allows for strategic data interpretation vs. simple reporting.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) experience a must; Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge experience a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of JCC programming a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to multitask and effectively prioritize work.
- Writes and speaks clearly and informatively.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Posted: February 24, 2017
The Roth Family JCC is hiring staff for the Andrew Hansen Mandell JCC Summer Camps, which begin in June 2017, and include available positions in Camp J, Camp J Junior, and Sports Camps. The hiring process for summer camp employment is competitive due to the large number of applicants and high percentage of returning staff each year. The majority of the hiring decisions take place in the first quarter of 2017. Positions available:
- Assistant Counselors
- Inclusion Counselors
Posted: December 23, 2016
Our J University after school program is currently seeking part-time counselors to work with children in grades K-5, five days per week from 2:45-6:00 p.m. The ideal candidates will need to be creative and facilitate a variety of activities including but not limited to arts and crafts, sports, cooking, drama, and other playful child activities.
Applicants must be at least 16 years old, have experience working with school-aged children and have reliable transportation. All positions require energy, attention to detail, creativity, professionalism and willingness to work with a group of people towards the common goal of creating an outstanding after-school program. The safety of the children is the number-one priority. Counselors must be able to provide a fun and nurturing setting.
Posted: November 21, 2016
- Must have current Red Cross Lifeguard certification
- Must be able to swim 300 yards without stopping
- Must be able to work 15-29 hours/week
- Must be able to work 2 weekends a month
- Must be able to work 6-8 hour shifts in the sun
- Must have current WSI certification
- Must be comfortable working with small children
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work 15-29 hours/week
- Must be able to work 6-8 hour shifts in the sun
The JCC seeks certified and experienced group exercise instructors to conduct fitness classes. Instructor must be able to:
- design routines
- show exercise modifications
- motivate class participants
- conduct a safe and effective class
Candidate must meet the following qualifications: minimum 1-year teaching experience; an appropriate group fitness certification by a nationally recognized certification group; current CPR/AED certification.
Instructors currently sought to teach Silver Sneakers, Water Aerobics, Les Mills BODYPUMP, BODYJAM, BODYFLOW, BODYCOMBAT, & SH’BAM.