851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-645-5933
When you work at The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando, you're a part of a professional family and a community. It is the policy of the JCC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard for gender, race, age, marital or parental status, sexual preference, disability, religious belief, or any other legally protected category.
- Summer Camp Counselors and Specialists
- K-5 After School Counselor
- Lead and Assistant Infant Teachers
- Basketball League Referee
- Early Childhood Support Staff
- KidZone Staff
- Early Childhood Teachers
The Roth Family JCC is hiring staff for the Andrew Hansen Mandell JCC Summer Camps, which begin in June 2020, and include available positions in Camp J, Camp J Junior, and Camp J Sports. The hiring process for summer camp employment is competitive due to the large number of applicants and high percentage of returning staff each year. The majority of the hiring decisions take place in the first quarter of 2020. Positions available:
- Assistant Counselors
- Inclusion Counselors
Counselors working in our After School Enrichment Academy preferably are creative and able facilitate a variety of activities, like arts and crafts, sports, cooking, drama, and other playful child activities. Counselors need to be available from 2:45pm-6:00pm, be at least 16 years old, have experience working with school-aged children, and have reliable transportation. All positions require energy, attention to detail, creativity, professionalism and willingness to work with a group of people towards the common goal of creating an outstanding after-school program. The safety of the children is the number one priority. Counselors must be able to keep their group safe at all times and provide a fun, nurturing setting.
Updated: October 25, 2019
Looking for a job that gives you more fulfillment and fun? When you join the team of our award-winning, nationally accredited Richard S. Adler Early Childhood Learning Center, you’re not just a number—you’re joining a family. We offer benefits like free gym membership, free fitness classes, complimentary swimming pool access, discounted sports leagues and more. In addition, our teachers receive up to 15 paid holidays, plus 2 weeks of personal time the first year, 3 weeks the second year, and 4 weeks after five years. JCC teachers with children or grandchildren also receive discounts on our nationally accredited early childhood center, comprehensive after school program, and award-winning summer camp, with offerings from preschool-aged to the middle schoolers’ travel camp. Our entire teaching staff also benefits from employer-sponsored professional development opportunities throughout the year. Positions work on a rotating schedule of 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Candidates must have current experience in infant care, 45 hours of training, and a minimum of a CDA with an advanced degree preferred and with several years of experience in an Early Childhood Center.
Updated: October 21, 2019
- Represents the JCC and maintains appropriate relationships with members.
- Maintains professionalism while working.
- Defuses conflict situations involving players, spectators, or captains.
- Communicates any inappropriate behavior to Sports Director.
- Enforces Basketball rules provided by the JCC.
- Serves as a positive role model.
- Has knowledge of emergency and safety procedures.
- Arrives to work in a timely manner.
- Represents the JCC and maintains appropriate dress code.
- Help sports staff set up prior to the start of the games and clean up after games conclude.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Knowledge of rules and 2+ years of experience officiating Basketball.
- Must present a professional and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess conflict resolution skills and good judgment in identifying potentially risky situations involving participants.
- Completion of JCC program-specific certifications.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions.
The primary responsibility of the basketball referee is to enforce the rules of the game. Referees are responsible for calling violations maintaining order in play, and can assess technical fouls or eject players for rules infractions. Part time, evening position one or two nights a week. Experience preferred, must be certified.
Pay rate: $15/hour
Updated: October 18, 2019
Join the amazing staff at the Richard S. Adler Early Childhood Center and help support our students by engaging in child-led activities, indoor and outdoor gross motor play, sensory play, reading and other fun activities the classroom teachers have created. We are looking for people who are enthusiastic, have a love for early childhood, and believe in the power of play!
This part-time support position will help with morning care, lunch breaks and after school care. Varying shifts are available: 7am - 1pm; 1pm - 6pm; 7am - 9am; 3pm - 6pm or 4pm - 6pm.
Updated: October 15, 2019
- Ensure excellence in all coffee and food products served to our customers.
- Greet customers, provide information pertaining to our coffee and food products, answer any presented questions and immediately handle any customer concerns.
- Receive all customer drink and food orders, utilize point of sale system to charge customers for their orders and ensure correct change is provided.
- Prepare all drink orders; following all recipes, procedures and presentation.
- Develop an understanding of every menu item; providing customers with information on coffee and food ingredients and sourcing.
- Resolve guest and store issues in a timely fashion, informing store leadership of issue and outcome.
- Complete Store opening and closing procedures, ensuring all set protocols are followed.
- Ensure the entire coffee bar area is clean and well stocked throughout the entire assigned shift.
- Responsible for the use, preventative maintenance and cleaning of all coffee-related equipment.
- Follow all health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Complete all cleaning duties to include, detailing of assigned area and machinery, sweeping, mopping, changing trash.
- Complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous experience as a Barista or Bartender preferred
- Previous restaurant/retail experience preferred
- Certified Cupper, Barista Guild Certified or other comparable certification is a plus
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, team members and all levels of leadership
- Must have exceptional time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment
- Must be able to maintain good professional relations with fellow employees, supervisors, managers and customers
- Must be able to handle cash well
- Must be able to learn and effectively utilize Point of Sale system
- Must be able to stand for entire shift, up to 8 hours
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to push/pull up to 25 pounds
- Must be comfortable with completing all cleaning duties, including use of cleaning chemicals
- Must be able to move freely around work areas
- Must be able to bend, reach, twist and turn with complete flexibility
- Must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts; nights, weekends and holidays
Pay is $10 an hour. Hours of operation are currently M-F 7 am until 3 pm.
KidZone staff are responsible for the direct supervision of children ages 6 months to 12 years old.
Monday-Friday, 9:00AM – 12:00PM
Monday-Thursday, 6:00PM – 7:30PM
Saturday-Sunday, 8:00AM – 12:00PM
KidZone staff, in the supervision of children, are responsible for:
- The safety, happiness, and well-being of children.
- Regularly counting all children throughout each shift.
- Classroom maintenance including care of equipment.
- Being prompt, professional and prepared.
- Maintaining a positive and flexible attitude.
- Keeping an open line of communication with coworkers and supervisor.
- Implementing positive discipline approach as provided by ECLC and Camp guidelines.
- Being sure that all belongings go home with children.
- Turning cell phone off upon arrival to work.
- Constantly interacting with children.
- Promoting a feeling of self-esteem in each child.
- Accepting direction from supervisor
- Changing diapers and bathroom cleanliness.
- Cleaning up after activities and at the close of each shift.
- Helping prepare room for next day: Replenishing supplies as needed, sanitizing toys/fixtures/furniture as needed each day, stacking chairs at the end of the day, assisting with patio/playground clean up.
- Consistently providing excellent customer service.
- Being knowledgeable about universal safety precautions.
- Following sign-out procedures to ensure the safety of our children. Requiring ID to identify person picking up, even if they say that they are on list.
Looking for a job that gives you more fulfillment and fun? When you join the team of our award-winning, nationally accredited Richard S. Adler Early Childhood Learning Center, you’re not just a number—you’re joining a family. We offer benefits like free gym membership, free fitness classes, complimentary swimming pool access, discounted sports leagues and more. In addition, our teachers receive up to 15 paid holidays, plus 2 weeks of personal time the first year, 3 weeks the second year, and 4 weeks after five years. JCC teachers with children or grandchildren also receive discounts on our nationally accredited early childhood center, comprehensive after school program, and award-winning summer camp, with offerings from preschool-aged to the middle schoolers’ travel camp. Our entire teaching staff also benefits from employer-sponsored professional development opportunities throughout the year. Positions work on a rotating schedule of 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Our classrooms range in age from 8-week-old infants through Pre-K.
- Lead Classroom Teacher
- Assistant Classroom Teacher
- Full-Time Substitute/Floating Teacher
- College degree preferred (Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's); however, without a college degree, a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential plus high school diploma is required.
- Minimum of 45 hours of training preferred as required by the Florida Department of Children & Families; but can be completed within 6 months of hire in most cases
- Minimum of 2-3 years classroom experience for lead teachers; minimum of 1 year preferred for assistants and substitutes
Posted: September 26, 2017