851 N. Maitland Avenue Maitland, FL 32751 407-645-5933
When you work at The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando, you're a part of a professional family and a community. It is the policy of the JCC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard for gender, race, age, marital or parental status, sexual preference, disability, religious belief, or any other legally protected category.
- Marketing Director
- K-5 After School Counselors
- Early Childhood Teachers
- Early Childhood Director
- Water Safety Instructor
- Group Exercise Instructors
- Substitute Welcome Center Associate
The Marketing Director serves as The Roth Family JCC’s chief communicator and a lead strategic thinker, focused on increasing membership and enrollment, as well as participation in the JCC’s events, programs, and mission-driven initiatives. This is accomplished through the use of a variety of methods, including but not limited to, advertising, public relations, digital marketing, and social media. This position is responsible for implementing the JCC’s brand and manages a high volume of projects, including the creation of all print and digital marketing collateral for all programs hosted by the JCC and in partnership with contract vendors. The Marketing Director also influences the overall professionalism of the JCC’s internal and external communications.
When you join our team as Marketing Director, you’re joining a family. We offer benefits like free gym membership, free fitness classes, complimentary swimming pool access, discounted sports leagues and more. JCC directors with children in their household also receive significant discounts on our nationally accredited early childhood center, comprehensive after school program, and award-winning summer camp, with offerings from preschool-aged to the middle schoolers’ travel camp. In addition, JCC directors receive paid time off for four weeks of vacation, two weeks of sick time, as well as many Jewish and secular holidays.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates all marketing campaigns and promotional activities to educate the community about the JCC and to encourage them to participate in JCC activities and programs.
- Manages the lead generation and sales process of the JCC including supervision of the web site, lead/tour tracking mechanism, and online advertising.
- Partners with program staff to recommend individualized strategies to accomplish the JCC’s participation goals, driving the highest possible return on investment.
- Ensures adherence to the JCC brand and overall professionalism in all forms of communication.
- Coordinates printed materials for the JCC from concept to completion. Responsible for the preparation of videos, brochures, posters, signs, newsletters, building displays, apparel, photography, fliers, advertisements, and additional materials, using professional software.
- Supervises a part-time Marketing Coordinator who aids in the creation of materials.
- Edits and approves all materials created by the Marketing Department and serves as a writing, production, and editing resource for all departments.
- Innovates with new digital products and services to grow JCC participation, and stays abreast of new technologies to aid in JCC marketing efforts.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of the JCC’s current digital marketing strategies, including the web site; all social media; remarketing campaigns; search engine advertising; online videos; and all other online marketing.
- Oversees human resources recruitment efforts, including managing the online application process and promoting open positions.
- Serves as primary liaison representing the JCC to J Life Magazine.
- Serves as primary media contact and pursues editorial coverage of newsworthy JCC happenings.
- Prepares and manages budget for marketing expenditures and establishes marketing goals.
- Assists executive staff in the creation of development/fundraising materials and campaigns.
- Work in conjunction with the board’s VP of Marketing to obtain support and direction from the volunteer Marketing Committee.
Experience & Education
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree; in marketing, communications, or a related area of study preferred
- A minimum of four years of experience in a related field
- Demonstrated ability to develop and design advertising and promotional plans to encourage program recruitment and retention
- Significant experience creating and configuring online lead generation campaigns through search engine marketing/PPC. Experience preferred with tools such as (or comparable to) AdRoll, Facebook Advertising, OptinMonster, and Zapier.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member and supervisor
- Demonstrated ability to design professional communications materials, using design software, including the Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud and Microsoft Office
- Ability to shoot and edit videos using Final Cut Pro X (or comparable software)
- Experience taking photographs and shooting video using a DSLR camera
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, high-volume project environment with a major eye for detail and the ability to think ahead
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- A can-do, self-starter with an attitude of patience and empathy
- A high level of diplomacy and tact
- The ability to see the big picture and ask questions to achieve the best possible result
- Strong social media skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish customs, culture, values, and holidays and a dedication to creating a stronger Jewish community
Posted October 16, 2017
After School Counselors work in our J University after school program, which is available for children grades K-5, 5 days a week until 6pm. The ideal candidates will need to be creative and facilitate a variety of activities, like arts and crafts, sports, cooking, drama, and other playful child activities. Candidates need to be available from 2:45pm-6:00pm, be at least 16 years old and have experience working with school-aged children and have reliable transportation. All positions require energy, attention to detail, creativity, professionalism and willingness to work with a group of people towards the common goal of creating an outstanding after-school program. The safety of the children is the number one priority. Counselors must be able to keep their group safe at all times and provide a fun, nurturing setting.
Updated: September 26, 2017
Looking for a job that gives you more fulfillment and fun? When you join the team of our award-winning, nationally accredited Richard S. Adler Early Childhood Learning Center, you’re not just a number—you’re joining a family. We offer benefits like free gym membership, free fitness classes, complimentary swimming pool access, discounted sports leagues and more. In addition, our teachers receive up to 15 paid holidays, plus 2 weeks of personal time the first year, 3 weeks the second year, and 4 weeks after five years. JCC teachers with children or grandchildren also receive discounts on our nationally accredited early childhood center, comprehensive after school program, and award-winning summer camp, with offerings from preschool-aged to the middle schoolers’ travel camp. Our entire teaching staff also benefits from employer-sponsored professional development opportunities throughout the year. Positions work on a rotating schedule of 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Our classrooms range in age from 8-week-old infants through Pre-K.
- Lead Classroom Teacher
- Assistant Classroom Teacher
- Full-Time Substitute/Floating Teacher
- College degree preferred (Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's); however, without a college degree, a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential plus high school diploma is required.
- Minimum of 45 hours of training preferred as required by the Florida Department of Children & Families; but can be completed within 6 months of hire in most cases
- Minimum of 2-3 years classroom experience for lead teachers; minimum of 1 year preferred for assistants and substitutes
Posted: September 26, 2017
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Early Childhood Director is primarily responsible for all aspects of the JCC’s Richard S. Adler Early Childhood Learning Center which has served families with children from infants to pre-K since 1973. In addition, this position is responsible for community-building programs and events that help strengthen the school, the JCC, and the broader Jewish community. The Early Childhood Director must be a proven and skilled leader, possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, strong administrative experience, and love working with young children.
When you join our team as Early Childhood Director, you’re joining a family. We offer benefits like free gym membership, free fitness classes, complimentary swimming pool access, discounted sports leagues and more. JCC directors with children in their household also receive significant discounts on our nationally accredited early childhood center, comprehensive after school program, and award-winning summer camp, with offerings from preschool-aged to the middle schoolers’ travel camp. In addition, JCC directors receive paid time off for four weeks of vacation, two weeks of sick time, as well as many Jewish and secular holidays.
- Oversee the hiring and training of all full and part-time staff related to all preschool programs, and oversee their supervision and evaluation.
- Directly supervise the preschool’s administrative team, including the assistant director, team supervisors, director of Shayna’s Village (parenting center), and office staff; indirectly supervise teaching staff.
- Ensure compliance with the Department of Children and Families licensing guidelines to ensure standards are met or exceeded, including emergency plans and trainings.
- Ensure minimum standards are met and exceeded for NAC (National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs) including preparation for site visits, renewals, and annual reports.
- Maintain all related health department standards
- Maintain “Advanced” Director-level credentials including education requirements, continuing education, attending conferences, etc.
- Oversee curriculum, both secular and Jewish.
- Oversee parent education, parent manuals and communication, and parent conferences.
- Manage inquiries, tours, and enrollment through the JCC’s childcare customer relationship management software.
- Work with the Early Intervention Specialist to coordinate resources and referrals.
- Work with JCC marketing director to develop and implement a year-round marketing strategy to promote the school, programs and services, and to ensure successful recruitment and retention of students.
- Actively work with JCC Board of Directors Vice President of Children and Family Programming, preschool Parent Advisory Committee, and other key volunteers to develop, evaluate, and strengthen preschool programs and services.
- Prepare and monitor budgets and all related finance responsibilities related to the preschool department; including tracking statistics, trends in enrollment, and financial variances.
- Work collaboratively with Development Director and other key staff on preschool and greater JCC fundraising efforts.
- Oversee all preschool programming including: Shayna’s Village, J University Jr., ‘School’s Out’ programs, Camp J Jr., and family & Jewish holiday programs and celebrations.
- Work closely with youth and camp departments regarding transition of preschoolers to elementary-aged programs to create and implement strategies towards 100% engagement and retention.
- Work collaboratively with Jewish Academy of Orlando to build a connection between the ECLC and JAO.
- Keep up with trends in the field to ensure excellent and relevant programming.
- Develop and execute a staff retention plan, including employee appreciation events and recognition programs, as well as a professional development plan.
- Ensure positive staff morale
- Support the overall mission of the JCC.
- Assist with agency-wide JCC special events.
- Attend and participate in JCC staff meetings.
- Maintain departmental facilities.
- Maintain and enforce agency policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
- Meet or exceed Florida Department of Children and Families “Advanced” Director of Child Care level credentials
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience in addition to experience in a leadership/supervisory role (i.e. assistant director) in an early childhood program or related field
- Experience in a Jewish early childhood leadership position strongly preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness in program administration, planning, and coordination of large programs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with parents, young children, and staff
- Strong managerial skills including the ability to inspire and foster camaraderie, cooperation, and teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and ability to master new software systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge and use of social media
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a degree in early childhood education preferred. A Master’s degree in early childhood education or related field is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions and practice
- First Aid/CPR certified
Updated: July 14, 2017
We are currently seeking to hire lifeguards, with preference given to those able to work full-time. This is not a seasonal position—it is year-round. The pay rate is $10 per hour, and those working a minimum of 40 hours per week are eligible to receive benefits.
- Must have current Red Cross Lifeguard certification
- Must be able to swim 300 yards without stopping
- Must be able to work 15-40 hours/week
- Must be able to work 2 weekends a month
- Must be able to work 6-8 hour shifts in the sun
Updated: July 31, 2017
We are currently seeking to hire certified Water Safety Instructors, with preference given to those able to work more hours. This is not a seasonal position—it is year-round. The pay rate is $11 per hour.
- Must have current WSI certification
- Must be comfortable working with small children
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work 15-40 hours/week
- Must be able to work 6-8 hour shifts in the sun
Updated: July 31, 2017
The JCC seeks certified and experienced group exercise instructors to conduct fitness classes. Instructor must be able to:
- design routines
- show exercise modifications
- motivate class participants
- conduct a safe and effective class
Candidate must meet the following qualifications: minimum 1-year teaching experience; an appropriate group fitness certification by a nationally recognized certification group; current CPR/AED certification.
Instructors currently sought to teach Barre, Silver Sneakers, Water Aerobics, Les Mills BODYPUMP, BODYFLOW.
We're looking for Substitute Welcome Center Associates who are interested on working on an as-needed basis, to cover our Welcome Center when our full-time staff are out of the office, or when the JCC is open for extended hours due to special events. This position is perfect for someone with a flexible schedule and looking for something to do on occasion, as there is no regular schedule.
- Administer building opening procedures
- Field all incoming phone calls in a professional, customer service-friendly manner
- Ensure that members’ needs are met through personal recognition and by providing quality service, building rapport with members and guests
- Enforce security procedures
- Offer assistance and information about the JCC and the Jewish community
- Serve as a liaison to maintenance staff for immediate needs
- Handle member concerns quickly, politely and effectively
- Actively seek information about all JCC and campus programs to be well-educated about all events and activities that are occurring
- Report any equipment/facility problems
- Great interpersonal skills
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Clear and friendly communicator with strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize
- A track record of strong follow-through and organizational skills
- Experience in a customer service setting preferred
Posted: August 1, 2017